Thursday, February 7, 2013

Toddler Lunch Made Easy

So as moms we are busy right?! Can I get an AMEN!  So in our busy lives we need to make lots of things easier.  ENTER pinterest...the best website ever invented.  A place to organize my thoughts and ideas, to learn about organization, to just put random awesome stuff in one place.  Well my pinterest was very DISorganized so I needed to clean it up a bit.  I'm happy to announce for those that want to start following me on there that I have now labeled everything into holidays, themes, and seasons so that my pinning is MUCH more organized and easy to find things you are looking for.  I plan in the next few months to really expand my stuff on there especially since the second Luke turns two it's ON for us to do snack and craft fun every day and have a more preschool style house around here.  So that all being said of my newfound love of my organized pinterest, I thought I would share my new favorite board with you.

TODDLER FOODS PINTEREST BOARD

IMG_7430
Borrowed picture from www.joyfulabode.com

I'm going to try and post at least once a week on something that may make your life a bit easier and things at home go quickly for you.  Today I will post both my advice and some fun pinterest finds on TODDLER LUNCHES!

A few ideas of my own for a quick and easy (grocery shopping free) tot meal:
COMBINE ANYTHING AS DESIRED:

Peanut butter and jelly on bread, tortillas, or crackers
Cheese slices and whole grain crackers
Diced cooked carrots and ranch dip
Green beans or sugar snap peas (raw or cooked)
Cuties oranges
Peaches or pears (from a can with no added sweeteners)
Mixed veggies (frozen or canned low sodium)
Mac n cheese with 1 can of sweet peas, 1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
Turkey or chicken pot pies, see pinterest for cupcake sized portion recipes
Gluten free or whole grain fries or tots, we get the smiley face ones
Aldi's dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets (Luke loves these)
Eggo brand Cinnamon French Toaster Sticks (Luke's fav breakfast)
Plum organics or Happy Tot pouches, for a quick and nutritious add on meal or on the go meal
Plum organics makes a great Jammy Sammy (granola with jam and peanut butter)
Lowfat yogurt plain or vanilla with frozen berry fruit mix and granola
Celery with peanut butter or cream cheese and raisins or pimento spread
Sliced fruit or veggies of any kind to add onto a meal quickly (watermelon is a fav here)


Anyone else have any great ideas for tot meal planning?  I like quick and simple.  I also like prepare ahead and pop it out for lunch ideas.  Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shout Outs...