Monday, April 8, 2013

What I'm Reading Now...Christian Mama's Guide series review

Just wanted to give a review of "Christian Mama's Guide to Baby's First Year" written by my new blogging and writing friend Erin MacPherson.  First off let me say that I adore Miss Erin for all her hard work and dedication to getting these books out to us moms.  We have the usual books on pregnancy and surviving mommy hood such as the series of What to Expect books, and even some humorous books by Jenny McCarthy.  But none of those books can give you the spiritual insight and good Christian humor that comes from Erin in her series of Christian Mama's Guide books.



So here goes:

I loved the book!  I think Erin MacPherson is a fabulous writer.  She inspires me to be a better woman, mother, and wife.  Her scripture additions to the newest book I've read are really amazing.  There are moments that I look back on in my son's first year and think how did I ever do this without those prayers and scriptures to help me?  Erin's encouragement through her book makes you feel like she's there with you, as a friend, as your MOPS table member, as your church Sunday school classmate.  She doesn't talk above your head but rather tells her story as a fellow mom and friend.  She makes things easy to understand and makes you feel like you are right there with her for all her silly and fun moments as a mom.  She tells the truth about post pregnancy and newborn care.  She doesn't leave anything out that I can recall.  She gets information from her sisters and other friends for things she hasn't done herself but still manages to write it down so honestly and so heartfelt.  I love learning about all her advice for mommas and feeling her encouragement that I can do this!  Thanks again Erin for yet another great addition to your series.  I look forward to reading the Christian Mama's Guide to Parenting a Toddler right away!! :)


BY THE WAY...click the link of the book title to buy your copy now on amazon.com :)

1 comment:

Shout Outs...